1. (4.NF.5) Jacob wrote the expression shown.
Which of the following is equivalent to the expression Jacob wrote?
2. (4.G.2) Which three shapes appear to have at least two parallel sides?
3. (4.NBT.5) Find the product.
4. (4.MD.3) The area of the rectangular sandbox at Dave’s school is 108 square feet. The sandbox has a width of 9 feet as shown in the diagram.
What is the length, in feet, of the sandbox?
5. (4.NF.4.c) Ryan makes 6 backpacks. He uses yard of cloth to make each backpack. What is the total amount of cloth, in yards, Ryan uses to make all 6 backpacks?
6. (4.OA.3) Carl sold cookies and pies at a bake sale to earn money.
- A bag of cookies sells for $3.
- A pie sells for $8.
a. Carl sold 4 bags of cookies and 2 pies during the first hour of the bake sale. What is the total amount of money, in dollars, Carl earned during the first hour of the bake sale?
a (continued). Show or explain how you got your answer.
b. Ms. O’Hara bought 2 bags of cookies and 1 pie from Carl. She paid with a $20 bill. What is the total amount of change, in dollars, Ms. O’Hara should receive?
b (continued). Show or explain how you got your answer.
c. Vanessa sold cakes at the same bake sale. Mr. Stanley bought 1 bag of cookies and 2 pies from Carl. Mr. Stanley also spent $11 to buy a cake from Vanessa at the bake sale. Write an equation to show m, the total amount of money, in dollars, Mr. Stanley spent at the bake sale. Enter only your equation.
Complete the equation below
m = _______________
d. Solve the equation you wrote in Part C to find the total amount of money, in dollars, Mr. Stanley spent at the bake sale.
d (continued). Show your work.
7. (4.NF.1) This picture shows the pans of cookies that Reggie baked.
Which of the following is another way to write ?
8. (4.OA.4) Ten numbers are shown below.
Which list includes all the multiples of 8 that are shown?
9. (4.G.3) How many lines of symmetry does this letter have?
10. (4.NF.3b) The rectangle is divided into eight equal sections.
Jodi colors 4 sections. Then she colors 3 more sections.
Which two of these represent the fraction of the rectangle that Jodi colors in all? Select the two correct answers.
11. (4.MD.7) Two figures are shown. In Figure 1, the measure of angle MSG is 105°.
The measures of angle MSK, angle KSP, and angle PSG are shown in Figure 2. The measure of angle MSG is still 105°.
a. Which equation can be used to find the value of y?
b. What is the value of y?